Wednesday, October 29, 2008
What did you takeaway from our digital citizenship night?
I really enjoyed learning about social networking sites (SNS) and the suggestions for how to use them in a positive manner. I learned a lot about the different examples of SNS. I also did not realize employers will search out job candidates on SNS. Perhaps I should've known that, but I really had no idea. It reminded me of when my former assistant principal showed me the Myspace page of one of my colleagues. He was dressed in a leather vest with no shirt underneath (to show off his tattoos). Although I have absolutely nothing against leather or tattoos (I have a tattoo myself), I found myself losing respect for my colleague based on that photo. He is a very good teacher, but I was judging him based on something he posted on an SNS that I probably was not intended to see. But I did see it, because it all comes back to Chris Pirrillo's #1 Social Networking Do's and Don'ts: Everything goes on your permanent record. It was a gentle reminder to me to reconsider some content on my own profile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment