All in all I feel the TELE project, "My Dream Career" went very well. Implementing the technology was a bit of a challenge because we did have some technical difficulties. At first I wanted the students to narrate throughout their PowerPoint presentation by recording their voices, but on several of the computers this function just would not work properly. The other issue we encountered was that CircaVie would sometimes save their timelines but sometimes when they'd return the timelines would be deleted. It is still in Beta testing, so I'm sure this is a glitch that will be fixed. Students also had the option to use Dipity, and most chose to. However, after the third day our server began to block Dipity. The students then reverted back to CircaVie to do the best that they could with the multimedia timeline requirement.
The students truly enjoyed taking the online career assessement and seeing their career matches. Working collaboratively they researched their dream career and the steps necessary to achieve that career. Many of their PowerPoints were impressive, and I had a lot of fun watching them be creative and problem-solve while determining what would be necessary for them to achieve to reach their career goals.
In the future I will have more back-up options in case of technical difficulties, and I may even submit a request to make sure the websites I want the kids to use don't get blocked halfway through the project.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment