I am eager to come up with some ideas for my individual project in EDIT 7500. I love this opportunity to create a unit for my class that integrates technology. Unfortunately, I'm having a difficult time so far brainstorming. I think I am just a bit overwhelmed trying to organize my UGA classes, my professional work, and of course my family. So far I'm thinking that I will have my students create some sort of PowerPoint, but I would like them to use some video and sound in it. Typically they just create a basic one, so it will be nice to figure out a way for them to incorporate video and voice recordings and them actually apply to the lessons. I'd also love to have them do some sort of digital storytelling project, because I feel they would love it. My problem now is focusing on one unit idea. I teach remedial reading, so I really have a lot of freedom in this area. I probably need to just focus on a unit that requires the use of digital storytelling and PowerPoint but it can apply any novel. My students right now have their choice of two novels they are reading, so this may be the perfect opportunity to integrate technology into the task of reading the novel.
I have to say that I already am in love with Diigo! I'm so happy to now have this wonderful resource at my fingertips. This easy opportunity to share great online resources with each other is going to be so beneficial. I look forward to learning about the cool tools other teachers have to share. As I write this I am starting to come up with a few ideas for my final project. I'm thinking about digital storytelling since I teach Reading. Regardless of what I choose, my teaching is already going to improve from the research I've been doing for this project. Already I've found some great interactive tools I didn't know existed!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That sounds great! I have also found so many different resources that I would have loved to use in my classroom last year. I was big on teaching reading and language arts in my classroom last year. On the Apple Interchange Website I remember them having great language arts/reading lessons. One of the lessons I put on my website was students using storytelling to reenact a book they read. They slip up into groups and each acted out a scene from the book and video taped themselves. Just a suggestion, what grade level do you teach? Hope you have a great week.
Digital storytelling project sounds like fun! My four year old likes to watch interactive books on a computer after reading the story in a book. I am not sure what remedial reading is, but I assume students will learn and benefit from digital storytelling lessons. I think digital storytelling lesson will not only motivate students but guide them to practice learning.
I know that managing work, school, and family is difficult, but you seem doing it so well. By reading your blog, I can tell you’re a person with full of energy. I am glad to have you in our group.
I think digital storytelling sounds awesome! I'm thinking of doing something along those lines as well, so I hope we can bounce some ideas off of each other.
And I know where you're coming from on the PowerPoint. It's so hard to get above and beyond the normal slide show and incorporate cool stuff. Maybe you could have them create a game. I did that in an earlier EDIT class and it was really fun. Let me know what you think.
Post a Comment