I really enjoyed participating in the "Cool Tools" demo last night. I plan on using circaVie in my classes (not sure yet if it'll be part of my project though). I'm going to check out some of the collaborative project sites that Dr. Moore posted to see if that is something I'd like to do as my project. I am limited in time with my students though, only 45 minutes a day per class, so this may not be possible for me. We'll see though!
As I get ready for next week I see the need for me to come up with my own timeline (maybe using circaVie-haha) for my project. I can see how it can creep up on me if I'm not careful, so I'm going to really start trying to come up with a storyboard or something for it.
I have found by taking the LoTi survey that I often have lessons that are level 2, sometimes 3. I really hope to bring my classroom to a whole new level, hopefully at least a 4 or 5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The cool tools demo you did was great! I really liked the Circa Vie website. I think it would be a great tool to use in Social Studies classes, because students tend to get very disoriented on when certain events occured throughout history. I'm going to share the site with a few of my S.S. teachers so maybe they can use it in their classrooms.
If you're doing digital storytelling or the PowerPoint, maybe you could include a timeline within the project. That might be something extra for the students to do to kind of "bring it home" and create a cool ending. Just an idea! Have a great week! :)
The CircaVie presentation was nice!
When I have some time, I want to try it myself to make interactive timelines of my children. ^^
I really enjoyed your cool tools demos! The circe vie website is really neat, and I will probably use that for my project timeline too. I also liked the gabby cool tool that you used for chatting about a project. I might use this within my project for the students to discuss with each other their ideas. I also looked at the collaborative online projects. It seems these would take a while to do also. Hope your having a great week!
Katie
Post a Comment