Tuesday, September 30, 2008
What small change might I make to my project to increase creativity/innovation?
Erin's Cool Tool Demo makes me think that I could use http://www.scrapblog.com in my unit. I was set on the kids creating a multimedia timeline to display their ideas on how they can accomplish their career goals. I can keep that, but I also think they could use this scrapbooking tool to tell about their career as opposed to PowerPoint. I'll have to play with it some to see how it might work. As with all wonderful online tools, I run into the problem of the students not having email access at school. Some tools I can create a generic login for all students to use, but when having them create a major presentation I run into the problem of deciding if I can trust them to sign-up on their own (and many require an email authorization they'd have to complete at home) or creating a fake email for every student (something that is way too time consuming in my opinion). Still, it's a small hurdle we can overcome to integrate useful technology in their lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Gretchen,
I am glad that my cool tool demo was helpful. I believe the Scrapblog does not require log-in or download to use the program. I am not sure how to save it without creating an account, but you don't need to register or log-in to simply use it.
Good luck with you project~!
Erin
Hey, Gretchen!
I'm think using the Scrapblog program will add a cool new twist for your kids that they haven't seen before. And I bet that other teachers haven't seen it either, so that will be something awesome to share. Hopefully, everything will work out with the log-in problem. Where there's a will, there's a way! :)
Hey! The scrapbook tool does sound really neat for them to use. They could pull from many different sources to put together a presentation about their careers. The timeline still is a neat tool also though. It is difficult to get all students logged in a ready to go with e-mail. Hopefully there is a way to make it easier on yourself. Hope you have a great week!
http://blogs.learnnc.org/instructify/2008/08/25/register-students-without-email/
The link above will help you work around your student email issue.
--(from a cohort 8 student)
Post a Comment